Thursday, January 21, 2010

Semester 2

Yesterday marked the start of the second semester. It went pretty well. I have a few more students in my classes. I'm not complaining. The high school remodel seems to be right on schedule, it should be finished about Spring break. There is a music room in the high school that is getting purposed as being a music room. I turned in an equipment list for basic equipment that I need in the new classroom, i.e. chairs, stands, etc. It looks like they are pretty set on there being two music classrooms, now if only they can be convinced that they need two music teachers. With the new semester, I also now have a TA (teacher assistant) during my first hour. Hopefully I will get a little more organized. We also had the new phone system installed yesterday, I once again have a phone in my classroom.
In other news, my heater finally got fixed. That's a good thing. I also made a poppy seed cake from a recipe that I got from a friend. It is awesome. I plan on taking the rest of it to school today. The last thing I need is a whole cake sitting around my house.
I wish I knew something more exciting but sadly work is about all I have right now. Just a side note though, yesterday was sunny and 48 for more than half the day, it was amazing.

1 comment:

TAT19540 said...

I think they are trying to entice you to stay! And if they got a second teacher for music, would you? A TA is the right step in the direction they could hire them to be a second music teacher. We are counting the days till you fly in! 47 days left!( That includes weekends).