Friday, June 18, 2010

On the road...still

Good Morning Fort Nelson.

I left Edmonton yesterday morning and drove through a lot of area that was kinda the middle of nowhere. After about 700 miles I made it into Fort Nelson. It's not a big town and it in the Northern Rockies. Today will be a day of mostly driving in the mountains. The plan is to drive the 600 miles to Whitehorse and stop there for the night. 600 miles is the shortest amount of driving I have done on this trip. I have to drive through the Northern Rockies, so it will be lots of mountains today. Yesterday I drove down several steep grades and over one of the scariest bridges ever. It's a metal bridge so you don't get the same kind of traction you do on a regular bridge. It didn't help that I also was going up an incline. I could feel the car fish tail around a little bit...not a fun feeling. Well I made it through and then I saw a moose on the side of the road doing moosey things. I would've stopped to take a picture but there wasn't really anywhere and it was hard to get a good shot. Oh well. Today and part of tomorrow I will have no cell phone reception, doesn't that sound exciting. I'm ready to be back in Alaska. I'm enjoying my road trip but after 2400 miles I'm ready to be home. I have about 1300 miles left to go. Time to eat breakfast and hit the road.

No comments: