Sunday, August 1, 2010

Where did the summer go

The bull moose I was calling.
My classroom.


Seriously where did the summer go. Registration is this week for school and teacher inservice starts next week. I have new teacher orientation (for 8 hours) on the 11th and then inservice the 12th through the 17th. First day with kids is the 18th. My schedule right now looks like I have 3 periods of beginning band, team time, prep, advanced band, and intermediate band. It should be fun. I need to finish up my project, finish organizing my classroom, and find a place to live. I should probably pick out band music too.
I'm still looking for a place to live. I've toyed with the idea of buying a house. I even got prequalified for a home loan. At times I think I'm a little nuts. Oh well.
Let's see what else is going on. Bryan got his car back from the mechanic. There are a few more things that need to be done to his car, like the suspension but the car works and that's what counts. He and I have both been driven a little crazy recently but I think that's what happens when you have 3 people in a 2 bedroom apartment. It's a long story and it's not really worth getting into.
I've spent some time in my classroom and that's been good. The other night I decided I hadn't been out moose watching in a while so I went and did that. I've started calling moose too. Anthony was too happy when the moose started walking towards the car. It wasn't so bad when it was a cow but he wasn't too happy with the idea when it was a full grown bull moose. It was hilarious. I'll admit, it's never a dull moment in my life. I wonder if I can call bear too. I doubt that I'm going to try it. I haven't seen any bear since I've been in town but I don't go looking for them either.
Last weekend I went and saw Everclear in concert. It was fun.
That might be all that I can think of right now. Well besides that all of Bryan's coworkers seem to have some opinion about the fact that he and I should be together. I just laugh. I find it funny that they all tell him. I stopped in to his work last night and one of the other customers teased him about me. I about died laughing. I find the whole thing amusing. A few of his coworkers want to hang out with me because they think I'm a good fit for him. It makes no sense to me but whatever. I'm just going to enjoy chuckling over the whole thing. I find it particularly funny that if I show up they all feel the need to tell him his girlfriend is there. Oh the things that amuse me.
Well I'm sure that's it.

No comments: