Monday, March 5, 2012

In a better mood

Sometimes we all wish we could be in a better mood. Things just get us down. It's really a rather awful place to be when it feels like everything is putting a damper on your happiness. Well it has definitely felt that way for the last several months. It's not an all the time feeling but there is definitely more stress than I'd like.
As far as my job is concerned, I'm trying to decide what I want to next year. Bryan and I have talked about what it would look like if I didn't teach and I worked on my masters and did some other kind of work. It's not that I'd never teach again but I'm just not happy teaching right now and it's been for as long as I've been at my current school. I'm not sure transferring schools would make the feeling go away. I'm thinking if I get my masters and then go back to teaching it would give me 2 years to make that kind of decision. Bryan is finally working again and we are both so happy about that. It's been a tight couple of months and it's going to continue to be that way until he is either full time or finds another part time job. So honestly this isn't the best time for me to be thinking about stopping teaching at the end of the school year. I always told myself that I would stop when I didn't enjoy it anymore and honestly I don't enjoy it right now. There are lots of moments when I do but there are still too many moments that I don't. It's bad when you lay in bed in the morning and contemplate calling in sick cause you just don't want to deal with it but you go because you don't want to subject anyone else to it. I still love music and I still want to teach it but I need a break. Like I've said in previous posts, I'd never received a bad evaluation until I came to this school and that is part of my mindset for not teaching next year. It's far more complicated than I'd write here and if you really want to know email me or call me, neither of those contacts have changed in a really long time.
I'm sitting in Juneau right now hoping that today at the settlement hearing some resolution with come rather going to court.
It's been nice to be in Juneau for the weekend. I've gotten to see some friends and just have been able to relax a little bit, which it feels like it's been forever since I just relaxed. It's been pretty refreshing, of course I wish it could last longer but spring break is right around the corner and I'll be able to do some of that then.
Bryan and I bought some flooring on sale on black friday and are looking forward to putting that in over spring break (which starts friday afternoon).
I finally got some water frogs for my fish tank, they are amusing to watch. I painted my living room and I'll have to post pictures of that. My kitchen project has been finished for several months but I have failed to get pictures up of that too so I will work on that.
Overall life really is good. I'm grateful for the people in it and all the good things. Honestly I'm kinda grateful for the not so good things to cause they really make me appreciate the good things.
Oh and if you haven't heard, Anchorage has had a ton of snow. And it's supposed to snow more. I'm still not tired of the snow. We've gotten like 120 inches of snow this winter and winter isn't over with yet. Bryan texted me yesterday to tell me that the shovel broke but like most good craftsman things it has a lifetime warranty on it so he exchanged it for a new one. He has scraped down the driveway and the picture he sent me looked really impressive. It absolutely amazed me that he would do that. It's supposed to snow another 3-5 inches today. We are on our way to breaking the record for the snowiest winter in Anchorage. The current record is at 132.8 inches. We'll see what happens.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and I'm going to get going on mine.

No comments: