Sunday, February 15, 2009

Never a dull moment...

Oh where to begin...

We still don't have our regular ferry back. It's been two weeks. Oh well. Today was our last home basketball game. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!! School is going well. Two weekends off till Regionals.
Well Thursday the 5th we tie dyed shirts in band class. Yay pep band shirts. It was fun. I think all the students had fun and the shirts turned out well. We're going to do it again soon. I can't say it's the most educationally sound thing I've ever done, but it's a nice change of pace. They've been the talk of the town. It seems like everyone wants one. I'm not going to complain. Saturday the 7th we did a 50/50 raffle and raised over $600, which half of that we got to keep. We're going to order some music, I think. Oh we also had another inservice day that day too so I was at school from 7:30AM till 10ish PM. Long day
This week was pretty uneventful until Friday. I took a "sick" day on Tuesday. It was nice to have a break. I had ideas of things I was going to get done. I didn't do any of them. Oh well. Friday was exciting though. I was walking back to my classroom from the high school and I hit a patch of loose gravel. I proceeded to sprain my ankle and go plummeting head first to the ground. I landed ever so not gracefully. Luckily no one saw me. I skinned a knee and elbow, scrapped up a hand, and hit my cheek on the ground. I now have a black eye from the impact on my face. I proceeded to get back up and go to my classroom. I didn't fill out the accident report until the end of the day. They made me go to the clinic. All that accomplished was getting me poked and telling me I didn't break anything. No xrays. No real checking to make sure I didn't do anything worse. I didn't have a black eye when I went in there but I certainly do now. It happens. I might have to go back because my principals are worried that it looks so bad. All I have to say is I'm talented.

No comments: