Sunday, March 1, 2009

Brownies, fry bread, and.....

My bruises and ankle are healing well. My black eye is almost gone. It's only been two weeks. And what a busy two weeks it's been. To recap.... they handed out contracts, and yes I got one, we had a hazing incident which resulted in 5 suspended kids, two suspended coaches, lots of rumors, clearer traveling policies, and new responsibilities for me and the pep club advisor. What else has happened, oh the town has been in a bit of an uproar too because of it all (not my contract). Now Bristol and I are the teachers in charge of the cheerleaders. More Bristol than me because I'm pretty busy with pep band. And I've heard about it from Bristol ever since.
In other news, I've just about finished filing all the music in my music library. Go me. I need another filing cabinet, that's my current hold up. The second round of tie dye turned out great too. This coming week is Regionals, which is in Ketchikan and I will be gone from Tuesday till Sunday for it.
Other than the above mentioned things, life has been pretty calm. I made homemade brownies yesterday. Very awesome. Today I visited some friends and we had fry bread. Yum.
I guess the biggest news of all is in regards to my contract. Well as I said above, they offered me a contract for next year and....(I know the suspense is killing you).....I signed it. I will be here next year. My band kids are elated.
I plan on being back in the state of Insanity, I mean Illinois for a good chunk of the summer. I should be home all of June and July. This means road trip!!! and the county fair, and a the zoo with my adorable cousins, and I could go on forever. It'll be a fun trip and I even plan on doing some canning.
Well it will be exciting.

2 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

I am so excited for your extended contract! congrats!! Enjoy making your summer plans. I know we go from vacation to vacation with planing (since my husband teaches high school) and we just love taking advantage of every break he gets :)

TAT19540 said...

What can I say-never adull moment with you! We are looking forward to you coming home too. Yum peaches, corn and raspberries! Have fun this week with the kids at regional chickie! We lov ya.