Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Well it's been an interesting summer. I guess since it's September, summer is over. With the end of summer came the end of a million people living in my house. Ok, I admit, that's an overstatement. It was only five. Sometimes it felt like a million. Carol moved back to the lower 48, Maz and Seth moved back into the dorms. Bryan and I had the house to ourselves for a while but with our current financial situation we had to get a roommate. After 4 people coming over to look at it and many emails, our new roommate moved in yesterday. He's quiet (or at least so far). He seemed happy with the place and the price. I'm happy that we'll have a little bit more money so that we can pay bills while Bryan is still working part time and I'm still unemployed. Life is real exciting when you have bills to pay (and large ones like car insurance and a mortgage). I've had a few interviews for jobs but nothing has seemed to come of that. I just keep applying for jobs. And I must be crazy cause I'm taking classes. I'm currently working on my paralegal certificate. It's been really interesting. I know it's a far cry from music but it's a nice change and I haven't given up music. Nor have I given up the idea of teaching. I'm appreciative of all the supportive people. I would say that overall life is great. Other than no job and being strapped for money, life is awesome. I'm enjoying taking classes, even though homework is tedious. I've gotten to work on my quilt, which has been put away for 4 years. I'm happier than I've been in a while. I'm trying to not let the job or money things stress me. It's tough but we're making it. Bryan is still working at UPS and he talks about getting a second job but with his current hours and trying to get some sleep, that's been tough. He does have a lead on a second job though so that's a plus. I'm still waiting to hear back from my second interview with Apple. I doubt anything will come of it. I felt pretty indifferent when I left the second interview. I've spent more time with neighbors lately. We've gotten to know the neighbors across the street better and have enjoyed spending time with them. I have to say, I like my neighborhood. Anyway, I better get ready to go to class. I have a final today.

No comments: