Sunday, October 21, 2012

What a month

I'm not sure where to start. It seems like a lot has happened since my last post. We got snow early this year. It didn't last long but it was the end of September when we got our first snowfall. It's snowed a couple times since then but nothing has really stuck. It has made driving places interesting. On Tuesday, there was actually snow on the road, which meant no one could remember how to drive. It took me 25 minutes to 4 miles from my house. It's usually a ten minute drive. That was exciting, NOT! Good thing I left early. We've gotten a new roommate. He moved in at the beginning of the month. He's more social than the last one but still keeps to himself. He's 18 (he'll be 19 on the 10th of November). He seems to be a reasonable person. He goes to work, hangs out with his friends, and does other fairly normal stuff. I don't think I posted about our last roommate leaving. His fiance broke up with him, over the phone, and so he decided to go home to Fairbanks. She broke up with him on a Monday, he told us he was leaving Tuesday, he had moved out Wednesday, and we had people looking at the room within a week and had rented it out several days later. It was all a little crazy. I started a new set of classes this last week. Neither of which are particularly interesting or challenging but that's life. I should have no problem having in A in either of them. I happen to have a 4.0 right now, not that any of you are surprised by that. I'll be done with this program in March, and I can't wait to be done. I hate being a student. As far as work is concerned....I, as usual, have filed out lots of applications and heard pretty much nothing. That was until this week. Monday I got a call asking if I would like to set up a phone interview for Wednesday, yes. Tuesday I got a call about setting up an in person interview on Friday, sweet. After my phone interview on Wednesday I got a call several hours later asking if I was available Tuesday for an in person interview. It's been quite a time. So I've had two interviews this past week and I have one on Tuesday. Woohoo!! I also got my hair cut on Thursday so that it looked a little better for my interviews. In the less exciting news, Wednesday the repair people are coming to do maintenance on the washer and dryer. The dishwasher broke about two weeks ago and I got someone to come out and take a look at it. That got fixed. Thank goodness for buying the protection plan cause otherwise that would have cost me over $100. All over a little piece of plastic that got caught in a tube near the pump. Now the dishwasher is back to working as great as usual. I bought Halloween candy and of course went completely overboard. I have more than enough for probably 100 trick or treaters but I doubt we'll get that many. I could probably give candy to my neighbors to give out to trick or treaters and still have a ton. What can I say. In other news, my birthday party was fun. I got a meat tenderizer, a small tool set, and a gift card for gas. All good things. I think we had about 18 people over. It was a lot of fun. Well I'm hoping that soon I have a job. Maybe something will come out of all of these interviews. Oh and the northern lights picture I took from my driveway. I'm going to finish up some homework and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: