Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Woohoo!!

Well this week has been interesting. I had an interview for a job with the Court system last week. On the upside I've had a few more interviews but I wasn't getting any job offers. It's life. I can admit it's gotten a little depressing. Then I got a letter from the unemployment department that said that I was about to exhaust my benefits. Great, not. I called them today cause I have officially exhausted my benefits but I qualified for the emergency unemployment compensation. You know the thing the government passed so that you could collect 99 weeks of unemployment. I qualified for 11 weeks but the government is going to stop paying that in December which means I'd be able to collect 8 weeks. Yeah I know kinda complicated. It wasn't the first thing this week. I've was doing some research for a paper I'm writing for a class about the Affordable Health Care Act. I make too much money (on unemployment) to qualify for the health care that applies to this. The more I read this Act, the less I like it. Of course I'm not a big fan of the government right now anyway. Regardless.. Monday it was my neighbor's birthday so I made a Blueberry sour cream cake with Lemon butter fluffy icing. It was really good. One of the people at the birthday party said it tasted like a blueberry cupcake (or muffin). This person also had three pieces. I'm glad it was a hit. I'm making the best of my word class that is kinda boring me. The instructor is good, it's the material. It's mostly review. Oh well. Whatever. Yesterday I worked part of the election. I set up touch screen booths. It was kinda cool. Today I turned in my time sheet from working yesterday and I talked to unemployment about my benefits (as I mentioned above). This evening I got a call from a place I interviewed with several weeks ago. They offered me the job. I have to get somethings worked out with school but hopefully I'll be starting next week. I'm excited to be working soon. I'll be a law office assistant with the state regulatory commission. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: