Monday, May 13, 2013

Reversed roles

I have officially been working at the Regulatory Commission for 6 months. It's been pretty cool. I wish it paid better but don't we all wish our jobs paid better. My job is not stressful, I enjoy going to work, and they appreciate me there. I'm not perfect at it by any means but my supervisor rocks. There are times that it is tedious and boring but what job doesn't have those times. It's so different from teaching. I'm going to miss having my summers "off" but there are a lot of advantages to my job change. I'm learning a lot of stuff and it's interesting to work for a state government agency. Life at home however has been stressful (I don't think it's supposed to be that way). My relationship with my boyfriend is great. He's not what is stressing me out. Although money is pretty tight, that also is not what is my stress-or. Well mostly, it's a little stressful to think about how I'm going to pay bills and such but with Bryan working two jobs, it's been a little less stressful. Of course we rented out a bedroom to help alleviate some of the money stress, that has been very stressful. I have come to a realization that although people appear to be honest and can pass background checks and such, there are people who are very deceitful. Not everyone's moral compass points north (or in some cases anywhere near it). I truly believe that there is good in people and I have not given up on the human race just because I have had some bad instances with people. I just strive to be the best person I can be and encourage it in others. In other news. I'm doing a couch to 5K program with my neighbor. We have completed 2 weeks of it. There are 8 weeks total. So we are 1/4 of the way done. I've never been a runner and there are times that I think running may kill me but I keep going. In ways it has gotten easier and you know what they say, no pain, no gain. I know this is true. Wow can I get sore. I stretch, we do a warm up walk, and then do our running intervals, then we do a cool down walk and stretch. My calves definitely get sore. I keep pushing through. It's not the kind of sore where I think I'm doing injury to myself, it's more my body revolting from the running. I just keep going though. It's healthy to make my fat cry. I keep doing it. I think it helps that I'm doing it with someone. We motivate each other.

No comments: