Thursday, December 19, 2013

The year is almost over

I can't believe how quickly the year has flown by. It's been an interesting year. Sorry to everyone that keeps checking this to keep updated on me and I've failed to write in a while. Looking back on this year there is been some great moments and some times that I would rather not repeat. Isn't that how life usually goes though. Bryan started a second job at the end of March so now he works a full time job and a part time job. It makes for long days for him and I don't see much of him during the week but you do what you have to do. His full time job has given us the opportunity to travel out of town a few times this year. We went to Valdez 3 times and Fairbanks once. That's been nice. He's still working UPS in the evenings which means this time of year sleep is at a premium. It's difficult if you aren't getting home till 2:30AM to get much sleep when the alarm starts going off at 6:30AM. I'm not sure how he's managing it. If you didn't know (and I'm sorry I didn't tell you in person, but hey my mom found out on facebook, there's a story to that) Bryan and I got married back in June. We eloped, much to the dismay of our parents. It was so much easier that way. It's been a great 6 months. Our parents have all adjusted (I think). We made the trip back to Illinois for Thanksgiving. If I didn't see you, I'm sorry but we were crazy busy. Bryan had never been to the midwest so it was fun taking him to some of the places I like to go. We went up to Milwaukee, hung out with my family, and ate lots of great food. He finally got to meet my brothers, an aunt and uncle, and my youngest cousins. He also got to meet some of my friends. My best friend's dad lost his battle with cancer while we were there so we made sure to go see the family. It was so great to spend time with them. I'm still working for the Regulatory Commission and I'm still liking it. It's been an interesting year. The people like me and they like my work. Of course as I glance at the clock I realize I need to get ready for work soon. In other news, I joined a gym. I'm a little thinner and that's nice but more importantly I'm healthier. It's only been a couple months but I feel good. I workout 4 times a week and watch what I eat. I'm sure there is other news I'm forgetting but I've got to get ready for work, it snowed last night which means the commute will take just a little longer. If I don't get on here before Merry Christmas.

No comments: