Monday, September 22, 2008

It's Monday

All I can really express is that's it's Monday. Today my kids were pretty great so what was going to go wrong in my life. My car has already been hit by a bus, so it can't be that. Wait maybe it's time to be frustrated with my administration. Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.
Today in a meeting with the jr/sr high principal I was told that I'm not going to the director's meeting for honors festival, which means none of the audition tapes get sent in for it. Nothing can be done about my schedule, because somewhere in the world it's fair that I have all the 7th graders on Friday and the other teacher I split that schedule with gets to have an extra prep period. Oh yes and pep band is going to play at all the home sporting events. I forsee pep band music at our christmas concert because that's all I might get taught. It's also resonable for high school band students, who already have lots of homework, to practice an hour every night. Somewhere in there I'm sure there was an everything I do is wrong. I should be calling parents on a weekly basis. I'm sure there's more but just typing it makes me annoyed again. However I can do anything I want with the program, as long as I don't spend any money. (Ok that might be a little bit of an over dramatization but the rest of it is pretty true) I'm very tempted to write a letter to the parents stating that the band won't travel anywhere this year and see how that blows up in my face and then just send the parents to him.
On the upside though, I fried chicken today. It was good. I went the the book club meeting, that was fun. I'm now going to go to bed so I can do it all over again.

No comments: