Thursday, September 11, 2008

A lot too busy

Well it's been far too long since I've written on here. I made it through the second and almost all of the third week of school. It's been a little bit of an uphill battle but I'm trudging on. I know that things will get better.
Last Friday was a rough day. The beginning of the day wasn't too bad, but as the day progressed it just got worse and worse. I have one student in my choir who gives me more problems then most of the rest of the students I have. She wasn't at school during the first week so I didn't have to deal with her. She makes my rehearsals difficult but most of the time I ignore her. After lunch I had the whole seventh grade class. I have no idea why. They were terrible. It was so awful. I really wasn't fond of my job at the moment, or when I went home. I have some attitude problems in some of my younger grades and I'm just learning to deal with those. I'm making it through.
This week while going through concert band music, I realized that any music I wanted to play (heck any of the music the school owned) would have to be arranged for the group I have right now. We just got a new student and she plays the flute. So now I have 1 flute, 6 clarinets (one of which plays bass), 3 alto saxes, 1 tenor sax, 1 bari sax, and 5 percussion. How's that for instrumentation. My 8th grade band has 2 flutes, 1 clarinet, 1 alto sax, 1 baritone, and 2 trombones. I got another trombone on wednesday, she transferred in from Scuba. Oh and in 7th grade I have 4 flutes, 7 clarinets, 2 alto saxes, 5 trumpets, and 2 percussion. Isn't life fun.
Today we had the school open house. So I was there from 6-7:30 PM for that. I met several parents. Some came in just to say hi, a few of them stayed a chatted a little while. It was very positive. I also got a little bit of my room reorganized. I think things will be good. I didn't have any upset or irrate parents, which is good. I even stayed late talking to a parent because she was concerned how her 7th grader was doing in band. We had a great chat. It'll be good year. I'm looking forward to doing more with my groups.
Things are different in a small town but sometimes in a good way.

No comments: