Saturday, May 9, 2009

It's all down hill from here

A week and a half is left in the 2008-2009 school year. It's hard to believe that the school year is almost over. Time flies. Thursday night was the spring concert. The 8th grade band played a couple numbers, it wasn't the best they've ever played but it wasn't bad. The high school choir sang 4 pieces and it's probably the best they've sounded even though rehearsing right before the concert was felt like I'd given them all new music. It was a little rough. Then when it was time for the high school band to perform, the trumpet player couldn't find her music. She was sure she'd left it on the stand but I remember seeing her leave with it. Then she checked her locker but it wasn't there. So there were phone calls made to get her music from home. I had about 15-20 minutes to fill while we attempted to locate music. It felt like the longest time in my life. I told about music fest and handed out awards. We, as a group, stood up and sang An Austrian went Yodeling and Baby Shark for the audience. It got the band relaxed and the audience loved it. It was fantastic. When we finally got the missing music problem settled and the band played, it was probably the best they've ever sounded on the pieces. Sadly my video camera ran out of battery right before the band played. We are going to record Monday so that we have an archive of how well they sounded. It's a great group.
Last week I had gone out the road and explored some. I went to a dock that I'd never been to before and wandered around there. I have some great pictures of jelly fish and star fish that I'll have to post, but it will probably have to wait until I have faster internet.
Thursday I went out the road again to that same dock, the tide was going out so I got to pick up a starfish. Megan, one of the people with me who also happens to be in the 8th grade band, put a starfish on her hand to see if it would stick to her. Instead the starfish tried to bite her. It was really funny. Then we (Kathy, Megan, and I) went to Sand dollar beach. It's a hike to get down there and it's all boardwalks. You don't really realize that you are going down hill until you have to walk back uphill. The beach was awesome. I took my shoes off and walked around in the sand, watching for jellyfish because that can't be a pleasant thing to step on. We looked at all the different sea life. I didn't know that sand dollars were kinda purple when they were alive. I also didn't know there were so many different colored sea anemones. I also have a lot of pictures. There were larger starfish, sea stars, several kinds of crab, among everything else. We explored the beach, it was definitely the highlight. I also never realized all the different colored starfish there were. This is probably because I've only ever seen a live starfish at an aquarium. The beach was worth the hike. When I come back at the end of the summer, it'll be one of the places I'll have to go again.
I'm going to go enjoy my Saturday. I have to get ready to go to someones house. I'm watching 3 of her kids this weekend. It should be fun.

1 comment:

TAT19540 said...

Well haven't you had some fantastic adventures! Who would of thought that you would have ended up not only some place to enjoy such varied foods but be near the Ocean as well!? Part of me wants to be there seeing thru your eyes also-so hurry up with the pictures!Lol.Lov you chickie!