Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day, seaweed, and packing

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Today is the last day I'm in Metlakatla for about 2 1/2 months. I get on the ferry this afternoon to go to Ketchikan and then I fly out tomorrow morning. It'll be fun. Right now, I'm avoiding doing some packing and cleaning. I have the last load of laundry in the dryer right now. I can't believe all the things I still need to get done. I have a few dishes to do, a little bit left to pick up in my living room, the trash to take out, and finish up packing. It's not too bad. I'm also going picking seaweed with a friend of mine this morning. We won't be gone too long. I should still have several hours when I get back from that to finish up things.
The last week was pretty great. The last day with students was Wednesday and Thursday for the teachers. I had most of my work done before Thursday so I helped other teachers pack up most of the day. I still can't believe how fast the school year flew by. One year down....a lot more to go, until retirement that it. But I'm not going to think about that. I'm going to have a great time on my travels.
This summer will be spent road tripping, attending weddings, and other wild and crazy things. (like sleep and cooking). It should be a fun summer. This is the first summer since high school that I haven't been working. What a crazy thought.
I better get back to my to do list. I hope to see many of you soon.

2 comments:

TAT19540 said...

You only called home 3Xs-who said they are not 'trunkie'? Looking forward to picking you up tomorrow chickie. Have fun and hope you get everything done you need to do.

Scott and Stacia said...

travel safely!! Can't believe the year is all over for you. We still have 3 more weeks until our summer break starts :)