Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Happy Time Change?

It's that time again where almost everywhere else in the US changes from daylight savings time. Does anyone know what time it is? My computer and cell phone say one thing and my watch and other clocks say something else. It cracks me up. In case you forgot (or didn't know) Metlakatla doesn't change time. It is kinda nice to not have to reset my clocks twice a year but we are the only town in Alaska that doesn't change. It still amuses me.
I have parent-teacher conferences tonight and tomorrow. Joy (not). I'm sure it's going to be loads of fun, sitting in the high school gym at a table waiting for parents to come talk to me.
I'm excited for Friday. I get on a float plane and get out of here for a week. I fly to Anchorage on Saturday. YAY!!! I get to spend a couple days with Bryan. Then I fly to see my parents and go to the National Orff Conference in Milwaukee. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the time change but I am looking forward to all of the above mentioned things. I'm also excited to see Bill's new apartment. I think moving out was harder for him than it was for me. He'll be living about 10 minutes from our parents. Well that's two kids out of the house. Jamey's still living at home, which I guess works for him. I think my mom likes having some one of her kids living at home. She'll have a hard time when we're all some where else. I'm probably going to be the only one that lives far away. If I were to move to Anchorage, it would be cheaper and easier for me to get back to see my family. I'm strongly considering the move to Anchorage, not because I want to be in "the city", but because it might be a good move for me. It will be easier to be involved in church and a lot of other things. Not to mention being able to see Bryan more often. I've made some great friends here, but I don't think I'm supposed to be here after this school year. I know that no matter what things will work out. I'm not too worried about what happens.
Well now that I've been up for an hour and a half, I might as well do something productive.

1 comment:

TAT19540 said...

I wish there wasn't time changes either. Never remember if we are 2 or 3 hours ahead. Am looking forward to seeing you and having one of my chickies that flew the coupe home! Chin up June will be here before you know!