Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Well as it is now 11:30 PM here in Metlakatla, my birthday is almost over. That doesn't mean that the partying is though. It's been a fairly quiet week since I got back from Juneau and I've rather enjoyed it. We did have an inservice on Saturday though, which I wasn't really thrilled about. That's how it goes sometimes. Today has been pretty quiet, mostly because most of the people I know here didn't know it was my birthday. Some of my students found out so I got sung to 4 times during the day. My eighth grade band was actually a little upset that I hadn't told them that today was my birthday before the actual event. They wanted to throw a party. Ok. I did get a two cards, each from teachers I know and a gal I know from church made me dinner. After finally getting away from book club, I made it over to her house. Did I mention that I have all 4 of her younger children in my classes? Anyway, they waited to have dinner till I got there. Siri made roasted potatoes, corn, and caribou. Yes, I had caribou and it was pretty good. It's definitely better tasting than deer. I'd still probably continue to be more of a chicken, beef, or pork person, but it was good. So this takes the count up to 4 new things I've tried, baked salmon, halibut chowder, smoked salmon, and caribou. I'm on a roll. It's fun.
Now I'm off to set out mouse traps, as I have a mouse in my house. Then I really must get to bed, 6 AM comes early.

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Becki
Happy Birthday to you

Miss Becki you are the most funnest tuba teacher on the planet! We were so excited to hear of your Alaska adventure from Bob last night after the Lakes Comm Band Concert.

Mike and Brian are both playing sousaphone for ACHS. Will send a photo soon. Take care of yourself and all of your wonderful students. You are the most fun!
Jennifer Chivers