Thursday, October 9, 2008

Up too early

Good Morning!! It's 3:45 AM here and I've been awake for at least half an hour. I have no idea why I'm awake, but I'm wide awake. That's probably why I'm writing on here. Not that being up this early wouldn't make a difference if I actually worked on work, but then again I'm not that ambitious this early. It's a chilly morning here, it's in the upper 30's. I think it's only going to get up to the upper 40's today. Not too bad for October in Alaska.

Well it continues to be a wild ride in my job. Currently I have 4 classes playing recorders, 3 of those on soprano recorders and the other on alto recorders, along with a class playing guitar and autoharp. I'm in the process of picking out music for the Christmas concert, since I need to start working on that soon. When you only see some of your classes once a week, you have to start early. For the most part, it's been getting steadily better. Usually. The high school band is back to playing pep band music since I was told we would be playing at the home volleyball games. The first set of games is when I'm away at Honors Festival, so I have no idea how that will work. I finally did get to order some music. One small step. I have less days that I dislike my job. These are all good things. Now if only my house didn't look like a bomb went off, my office looks about the same way but there are only so many hours in the day.
Oh the life of a K-12 music teacher.

No comments: