Sunday, October 19, 2008

Morning in Ketchikan

Well I'm staring out my hotel room window watching the rain fall and the wind blow. I came over to Ketchikan yesterday afternoon with a family I know from church. I happen to also teach all of their children that are still school age, which would be the only ones still at home. We stopped at the music store (for me), then went out for pizza. I haven't been to a pizza place in what seems like a long time. The last time was when I was in Craig chaperoning. This was slightly better pizza. It's pretty good cold too.

Well school is going fairly well. I need to spend sometimes today working on sub plans for the time I will be gone. I'm leaving on Thursday with my one student going to honors fest. We won't get back till the following Thursday. The only real disadvantage beside writing a week's worth of sub plans is sleeping on a high school floor for around 5 days. I hear Haines is pretty, that's the town we're going to. I just bought a digital camera so my pictures should be better.

Other than that the saga continues. I don't have too much too report. The principal has been kinda buddy-buddy with me lately and it has sent up all sorts of red flags. Several weeks ago he stated he wouldn't change my friday schedule, that's when I have the entire 7th grade class. All of a sudden on Monday he came in and was talking about if I want to change it to just let him know. Well it turns out the other teacher I split the 7th grade with and he have had a bit of a falling out. So it comes across as his way to get back at him. This is so, please excuse the pun, junior high. The principal asked me again the other day about it and I told him I hadn't made up my mind yet. Which is pretty true.
On top of all of this I've been without a computer for 3 weeks, this week will be week 4. Grades are due on Wednesday, this will be fun. They have ordered me a new computer but no one knows when it will be here. I spent several hours yesterday trying to get papers together so that it's easy to enter everything in. I have a huge stack of papers. It's never a dull moment in my life.

No comments: