Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's official, I've had it with the mouse in my house. I have lost an oven mitt, two dish clothes, and several boxes of ziploc bags to the mouse. I opened a drawer yesterday and there was the mouse. Now if it weren't in my house and destroying my things and making a mess, it would almost be cute. It stared at me for a minute then ran away, which really just constituted going into another drawer. I set out more traps so maybe I'll get it.

Yesterday I went over to another teacher's apartment and we had lunch and played monopoly. It was fun. I made pound cake. It was good. I also spent part of the day cleaning since the mouse has gotten into almost everything.

School is still going generally well. I need to finish picking out Christmas music. I love thinking about Christmas in October. Ok not really. I'm in the process of getting everything ready for a concert that is two months away. Plus the principal still wants us to play at the volleyball games. I really do forsee pepband music at the christmas concert. I got called into his office again and was told that they expect a lot since they've "spent so much money on the program." This came after he told me that they are getting me a new computer because my school issued computer died. For the record if you don't count buying a new bass drum and a digital piano, the school hasn't spent that much money. I think they've spent more on the computer and peripherals than they have on the program. Just for the record. I've asked for the bass drum, the piano, some music, drum sticks, drum heads, guitar strings, and a couple method books. Maybe they should look at the amount of money I've personally spent for things on this program. Oh well. I still think things are going well.
Well I guess I should get more done.

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

Wow!! I hope that you get rid of that micey mice soon. lol Sounds like you are doing well. wE do miss you a TON:) We can't wait to see you when you come back to visit