Sunday, July 6, 2008

Packing and such

It's official. I don't like packing. I don't know how people with more stuff do it. I still have a lot more to do and I'm not looking forward to it. I try to pack several boxes a day and then my motivation runs out. I only have a few more things in my bedroom, a few things in the bathroom, about half of the kitchen, a couple things in the living room, and very little left in my spare room. That shouldn't be too bad. I just need to keep the motivation up and if all else fails, get rid of more. I only have limited space anyway. I hope to be totally packed by Thursday, since I'm picking up the truck Friday. This is going to be insane, but I'm looking forward to Alaska.

I spoke to the Alaska Department of Education on Wednesday, they have received my application packet (back on the 25th of June) and will be reviewing it hopefully this week. I have to call again to double check. This is obviously not a fast process. There is nothing like moving and trying to get everything done before you leave an area. Did I mention that I haven't gotten my change of address stuff filled out at the Post Office yet either. Oy. Too much to do.

On the upside, I talked to the Bishop out there and got the scoop about church. It sounds pretty cool. He also said I was moving to probably the most beautiful island in Southeastern Alaska. That's awesome. He also mentioned that I need to be prepared for the rain. I kinda figured that.

It's really weird to think this is my last week living in Illinois. Crazy. I'm really excited about my new adventure though.

1 comment:

Butler Family said...

Well we are going to miss you. It would be nice to see you one more time before you leave though:)