Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The first two days of school

Well the first day of school was attended by the K-6, 7th, and 9th graders. So the only full classes I had were two general music classes and the 7th grade music class. This wasn't too bad. A half an hour is a really long time though for general music when your resources are very limited. We managed though. I was feeling fine when I was up and moving but the as soon as I stopped, which was at the end of the day, I felt pretty exhausted. Unlike the rest of the teachers, except the PE teacher, I teach all the grade levels. My schedule is h.s. band, three classes of general music, prep, h.s. choir, lunch, 7th grade band, and eighth grade band. It makes for a full day. I was pretty tired.

Yesterday was day two. The only class that wasn't in full attendance was h.s. band. I'll have them all today. It'll be interesting. The day went a fairly smoothly. We'll see how today goes. It'll be my first day of having everyone.

No comments: