Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 1 in Wrangell

I arrived in Wrangell yesterday afternoon at about 4pm. It was a pretty uneventful ferry ride. Tasha picked me up from the ferry terminal then we went back to her bowling game. She plays on a league and it was couples league last night. We went to her inlaws house for dinner that night, it was fun. We had a good time hanging out.
This morning, after being woken up by my mother at 6AM which I fell back asleep afterwards, I finally got out of bed about 8:30. It was nice to sleep in. Then Tasha and I were kinda lazy for awhile. We went and had lunch with her husband Adam at a diner in town. Mmmm double bacon cheeseburger. Then Tasha and I went out the road. We were going to go to Pat's Lake but when we tried to go up the road we lost traction. Then Tasha was going to back down it, instead we started to slide backwards. We then started to slide sideways. It was kinda funny. We luckily didn't end up in the ditch and we made it safely back onto dry (not ice coated) road. We drove around some more. We went to 10 Mile pipe, which is literally a rusty looking pipe sticking out on the side of the road that fresh water flows out of. I'll admit that I drank out of it. Apparently everybody does. It was pretty good water. It was kinda funny though drinking out of a pipe on the side of the road. Other than that, it's been a pretty lazy day. I'm glad I'm on break.
We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: