Monday, December 21, 2009

Fun times

Have I mentioned that I love being on break? I really do. It's been so nice to just have a break. Yesterday was a fun day. I had a good time at church and I went to go take care of Siri's dogs when I got a text from Bryan. We texted back and forth a little, come to find he and his family had just docked. Well I ended up picking Bryan, Siri, and Jacob up while they were walking back from the ferry. Then I dragged Megan and Caitlyn off to make more perogis with me at Nicole's. It was once again a fun time. When I dropped Megan and Caitlyn back off at their mom's, I hung out a little while and then Bryan and I went out the road (and drove around town). We just drove around and talked. It was really nice to talk. I'm glad that he and I are friends. While we were out driving around he sent a text to Siri stating that I had left him out the road. No response. Well then I sent a text saying I left him out the road. No response. Finally as he and I were sitting at my house play Super Mario Bros Wii (which was hilarious) his mom called me. 'Did you really leave him out the road?' 'Do you think I would really leave him out the road?' 'No but I was just checking.' Lol. I still find it amusing. After we got done playing Wii, we went back to Siri's and wrapped some presents. We were quickly running out of tape and wrapping paper so we'll pick up some today and finish wrapping.
I think I may go over to Ketchikan a day early to see a movie, especially if Avatar is still playing. Before that however, I should make cookies, do some homework, and do some work around my house. I have a feeling that break is going to fly by, but it's going to be fun.
Side note:
I have learned that the more people that get involved in your life, the more difficult some things can be made into. (Without any effort on your part). Sometimes the parties involved just need to deal with things themselves and not listen to everyone else that seems to have an opinion. I have found that people that love you (friends, family, etc) want to give their opinion to you but sometimes it's just best to ignore it and do what you feel is right. Breakups can be hard, but when there are no hard feelings and it's pretty much a mutual thing, sometimes it's just best to talk it out and not listen to everyone else. (Especially when people want to try to pick sides and there are no sides to take.) Thankfully things in this particular instance have turned out for the best and we are friends but it could've been different. I'm grateful for the voice of reason and for guys that know how to be adults. I'm also glad for a small void in my life that is filled back in.
I am so truly blessed in my life. I have great friends, an amazing family, and a wonderful amount of faith. I miss my family this holiday season but I am there in spirit. I am grateful for the people I get to spend my holidays with. I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday season and lives everyday to the fullest. Take the gift that you've been given and make the most of it.
Happy Holidays!!!!

1 comment:

TAT19540 said...

OK here I am commenting. You need to TALK to people to work things out! You are greatly missed here for Christmas, but your friends made the holiday happy for you! I am glad. We love and miss you chickie.