Sunday, May 30, 2010

Aufweidersehen Metlakatla

As I sit here debating what time I should start waking up the boys, I reflect on my time here in Metlakatla. I've met some amazing people and had some good times. Granted there have been plenty of hard times too but that's part of life.
We got the truck all packed up Friday evening and spent part of Saturday cleaning. It's really clean. We relaxed and hung out the rest of the day. I know that no one got to bed too early, I was the earliest to bed and I didn't get there until a little after 11PM. Of course I woke up sometime around 4:30AM.
Today I get on the ferry from Metlakatla to Ketchikan and then immediately get on the next ferry bound for Haines. I get into Haines Monday morning and get on the road bound for Anchorage. I should arrive in Anchorage Tuesday in the early afternoon. It should be a beautiful drive. Joyce, the middle school math teacher, is coming with me. We are both excited about this trip. We should have a great time.
It's been great to have Bill here even though at times he has kinda driven me crazy. We went out the road on Thursday and had a great time. We also hiked up Yellow Hill. I took some fun pictures. The best pictures are the ones of Bill with a slug. It's the biggest slug Bill has ever seen and it's about average size here. It was about 3 1/2 inches long.
I better get the boys up and have breakfast. We have the suitcases to put into the truck along with a few things to drop off in Ketchikan.

No comments: