Sunday, May 9, 2010

Trying not to countdown

Happy Mothers Day to everyone out there. I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm loving the sunshine here in Metlakatla, this makes 3 days of sunshine in a row. Yesterday was spent doing packing and waiting for an interview. I also fell asleep on my couch at one point. Today it will be church and then maybe a walk. Friday afternoon Megan and I went and hiked up Yellow Hill, then I drove out the road with some friends. It's been a pleasant weekend, but I still don't like packing. I know that I need to pack, but it's the process that bugs me.
Last Tuesday was the Spring Concert. It was my last concert here in Metlakatla. I might have lost my mind when I planned it, it was a K-12 program. The whole concert was a little over an hour long. The kids did a great job. It's all down hill from here. We have about 3 weeks of school left.
I can't believe I move in 3 weeks. I still don't have my next job yet, but I'm not worried. I know something will work out. I have lots of faith. My plan right now is to move my things to storage in Anchorage, then fly home and get my car. I then plan to travel for part of the summer (and sleep on friends' couches). We'll see how it all works.

No comments: