Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What's next....

Packing is probably the most physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting activity ever. There is nothing like putting your whole life into a box, or lots of boxes. I really dislike packing. I don't have nearly enough done but it's hard to live in your house and pack it. Thankfully, I'll be house-sitting for my friends (and neighbors), the Longs, starting Monday. I'm going to take care of their dogs and fish while they are gone and I'm still in town. I'm grateful for friends.
The experience of getting ready to move without knowing exactly where one is moving is a little terrifying. As of right now, I'm moving my things to Anchorage and putting them into storage. I'm ok with that. I still don't have a job for next school year, but I'm not totally worried about that either. I'm sure I've said that statement several times, including on here. I will admit that I'm at times completely terrified of the unknown in respects to this. I have faith that it will all work and I'm going to trust that things will turn out the way that they should.
I think I have 14 boxes packed. This doesn't count the tubs that I already had "packed." Including those, I think I have about 20. I'm leaving some of the furniture I brought. The only furniture I'm taking is my bed, futon, 2 coffee tables, kitchen table and chairs, 3 bookcases, and the tv stand. I'm getting rid of my dresser, couch, and a coffee table. As I look around my house I ponder about what needs to be put in boxes and what can go into the Uhaul as is. I don't see any reason to put most of my tools into boxes or some of my instruments. I'm trying to think of all the things I need to pack, but not be overwhelmed by it. I'm almost done packing the spare room and the bathroom. The other spare room has very little in it. There are only clothes in my bedroom that need to be packed, and some stuffed animals. That leaves the kitchen and the living room that really need to be packed. Maybe it isn't as overwhelming as I think it is but still it seems like a lot. I just need to do some everyday. I also need to work on my final project for my Multicultural education class.
I guess I have a good bit to keep me busy.

No comments: