Sunday, May 23, 2010

What more can happen

I'm not sure where to start. It's been a bit of a crazy week. I had to go to the doctor last Friday (5/14) because my eyelid was huge. The doctor said I had a hordeolum, it's a sty inside the eyelid. I got eye drops and was instructed to use a hot compress 5-10 times a day. It's been just over a week and it looks a million times better, it's not completely gone though. So I'm still wearing my glasses, which bugs me a bit. I prefer to wear my contacts, oh well. Work has been....well work. Not too much to report. I went to graduation Friday night. Then I went to several graduation parties. It was fun.
I have spent quite a bit of time packing and I have 2 rooms completely finished. I've moved almost all the boxes into one room. My dad said it will make it easier and then I can appreciate all of the stuff I have done. I'm not sure if it has done any of that but oh well. I have a little bit to do in the bathroom, some odds and ends in the spare room, all of the living room and kitchen till I'm totally packed. I need to pick up the Uhaul tomorrow. It feels like I still have a lot to do, but I'm not sure that I totally do.
Bill got into town yesterday. It's great to see him. I showed him around the island a little bit yesterday. He was very fascinated by skunk cabbage and by the small crabs on the beach. It was pretty funny. At times I forget how hilarious he is. He fell asleep on the couch last night and when I got home from Nicole's I woke him up to go to bed. Right now he's asleep in a chair. Same old Bill.
Today has been a bit of an odd day. I woke up at about 7:30AM and called my parents to tell them about the skunk cabbage and beach with Bill. A few minutes into the call my phone died. I tried turning it back on, nothing. I went and plugged it in (even though I had plenty of battery life before it shut off) Nothing. I grabbed Bill's phone and called my parents and explained what happened. I then called Verizon and spent quite a bit of time trying to get something sorted out. What a frustrating experience. They are shipping me a new phone but they are sending it to my parents. The ship via FedEx, which doesn't deliver here. The option was UPS, I can't guarantee that I'd get it that way either. Well after I finished going rounds with Verizon and was incredibly fed up, I was trying to find an old phone and Bill's phone rang. It was my phone. Bill was calling to ask if I had his phone. Apparently Bill had woken up and come down stairs and tried to look for his phone but found mine. He tried to turn mine on but it wouldn't. After a few minutes, my phone turned back on by itself. We talked to my dad, who called Verizon. He told us Verizon was going to call me. They called, weren't a lot of help. I'm still stuck with a phone that isn't really working. I won't get my "new" phone for almost two weeks. It will probably get to my parents on Tuesday but there isn't really anyway to get here before I move. I'm not impressed with my cell phone carrier at this moment. Well we'll see how long my phone works, but I bet it's not going to be for long. When I get this other phone, it will be the 3rd LG EnV2 I've had in a year. The screens died on the first one in less than a month of having it. I'm not impressed. We'll see how this all works. I can tell you though it's hard to have job interviews if your phone doesn't work. Also driving over 700 miles while moving with no phone.....not exactly the safest thing. I can do it but I'm not thrilled. I'm sure this will all work but it seems like it's always one more thing. AAAAHHHH!!!!
I think I might go back to packing, which I hate doing on Sunday but it has to get done. I am really happy to have Bill here.

No comments: