Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy May Day!! I can't believe it's May. 29 days till I move....somewhere. Tuesday night is my last concert in Metlakatla. A small part of me is going to miss it here, but it's only cause I will miss the friends I've made and my students. I need to do some packing but it's hard to figure out what to take and what to throw away. When you pack it feels like you're going through everything in your life and deciding if some part of it has value. I'm probably not the first person that thinks packing is not only physically draining but mental draining as well. There are so many moments that I just want to scream. I just want all of this to be over. In ways I wish I knew where I was going next. I feel so discombobulated. I have faith that everything will work out and I will end up where I need to be, but it's hard to just take that leap of faith sometimes. I packing up and leaving without knowing exactly where I'm going to work next year. It's an odd feeling. Everyone says it takes a lot of guts to just leave without anything certain in the future. I know that I can find a job. I know I'm employable, especially since I turned down two jobs. At times I wonder if I did the right thing but then I feel like there is something better waiting for me. I don't know what but I'm excited to find out.
This week has been a rough week at school too. I got back from Music Fest and things just kinda hit the fan. Oh well. 4 more weeks.

No comments: